Pioneered by EAP in 2016, the Annual Paint For Autism is a collection of hand-painted canvases pieced together to create one masterpiece to signify the collaborative efforts of our community to support individuals with autism and their families.
Check out last year’s highlights here:
This year, in conjunction with World Autism Awareness Day and World Autism Awareness Month, we’re doing it bigger and better, and our primary aim is to raise autism awareness and acceptance in this nation. And what better way to do so than in a fun and engaging way! Be it a family with children, a group of friends, teachers wanting to get along onto the cause, anyone can be a part of Paint For Autism.
Today, 1st March 2017, marks exactly one month to the event, and our team is working hard to make sure that everything is ready for you. Here’s what we can tell you so far:
- Free initial screenings for autism. We have limited spots available, so do email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spot.
- Children’s book reading session by YB Hannah Yeoh. We will be reading Hsulynn Pang’s My Brother Is A Bear which illuminates themes of belonging, acceptance and family. You won’t want to miss out the moral of this story!
- Autism Information Booths. Meet our team who can answer your questions and doubts. We also have various resources available for you on that day!
- Kids arts & crafts area. This event caters to kids of all ages, too. From sand art to face painting, your kids are bound to have a blast.
- Limited edition World Autism Awareness Day merchandise. Get your own t-shirts and wristbands!
We will be revealing more surprises and announcements in time to come. So get along and sign up to paint or volunteer and get involved in helping us raise autism awareness and acceptance in this country.