This fun yet inexpensive science project was in fact used in the early 90’s to create different plastic ornaments! This is a safe project you can do with your kids under supervision.
Here’s what you need to turn milk into stone:
- A small bowl
- A small cup
- A sieve
- A spoon
And here are the steps included in this science project!
- Pour the milk into the bowl until it is 2/3 full.
- Heat the milk in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar into the cup until it is 1/3 full.
- Mix the vinegar with the milk and stir until white excess appears/forms.
- Strain off the liquid.
- Form solid excess into any desired shape.
- Allow to cool for about 48 hours.
Check out this video tutorial on how to turn milk into stone.
- You can either add colouring into the batch while mixing them in step 4 according to preference, or you can colour the finished product on the surface.
- You can also add glitter or decorative items to the batch, too!
- Strain the liquid twice if needed.
And it’s as simple as that! Your finished product will be stronger than it looks! In fact, it takes a hammer and a few good swings to break it!